**disclaimer: this is not medical advise, call 911 in case of emergency and always consult with your doctor first before trying anything suggested here
As a parent, it can be tough to see your little one sick. You just want to cuddle them and make everything better. But sometimes, you have to let them ride it out. There are, however, some natural remedies that can help ease their symptoms and make them more comfortable. In this blog post, we will explore the best natural remedies for when your toddler is sick. From honey to lavender oil, there are plenty of options to choose from. So, if you’re looking for ways to help your sick toddler feel better, read on for the best natural remedies.
Having a sick kid is the worst, what to do?
Having a sick kid is the worst. You feel helpless and all you want to do is make them feel better. Here are some natural remedies that can help when your toddler is sick:
1. Honey: Honey has been shown to be effective in relieving coughs and sore throats. Give your child a teaspoon of honey before bedtime or add it to their favorite tea.
2. Chicken soup: Chicken soup has long been touted as a remedy for sickness. It can help to clear congestion and soothe a sore throat.
3. Peppermint: Peppermint has menthol which can help to clear congestion. Add a few drops of peppermint oil to a diffuser or place a drop on your child’s pillow before bedtime.
4. Probiotics: Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that help keep our gut healthy. They can also help boost the immune system. Look for probiotic-rich foods like yogurt or kefir, or give your child a daily probiotic supplement.
5. Vitamin C: Vitamin C is an essential nutrient for boosting the immune system. Give your child vitamin C-rich foods like oranges, grapefruits, bell peppers, or broccoli, or consider giving them a daily supplement
Honey is a popular natural remedy for many ailments, and it can also be used to help soothe a sick toddler. Honey has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to reduce the symptoms of a cold or flu. It is also a natural cough suppressant. A small amount of honey can be added to warm water or tea, or given directly to your child by the spoonful.
Apple Cider Vineger
Apple cider vinegar is a natural remedy that can be used to treat a variety of ailments in toddlers. It is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which can help boost the immune system and fight off infection. Apple cider vinegar can also be used to soothe a sore throat, reduce congestion, and ease stomach upset.
Coconut oil has been shown to be effective in treating a wide variety of illnesses and ailments, including those that commonly affect toddlers. In addition to being a natural antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal agent, coconut oil can also help to reduce inflammation, improve digestion, and boost the immune system.
When applied topically, coconut oil can help to soothe eczema, diaper rash, and other skin irritations. It can also be used as a natural cough suppressant and expectorant when rubbed on the chest or back. Coconut oil can also be added to a warm bath to help ease muscle aches and pains.
If your toddler is suffering from a cold or flu, try giving them a few spoonfuls of coconut oil each day. This will help to boost their immune system and fight off the infection. Coconut oil can also be used as a natural fever reducer – simply massage a small amount into the temples and forehead.
For an upset stomach, add a teaspoon of coconut oil to some warm water or tea. This will help to settle the stomach and aid in digestion. For constipation relief, mix together equal parts coconut oil and organic apple cider vinegar, and give your toddler 1-2 teaspoons of this mixture each day.
When it comes to fermented foods, there are a few that are particularly helpful for toddlers who are sick. Yogurt is packed with probiotics, which can help boost the immune system and fight off infection. kefir is another great option, and kimchi is also beneficial. All of these fermented foods can be found at your local grocery store.
When your toddler is sick, one of the best natural remedies you can give them is bone broth. Bone broth is packed with nutrients and minerals that can help boost their immune system and help them feel better faster. Plus, it’s easy to make at home with just a few simple ingredients.
Here’s how to make bone broth:
1. Start by simmering bones from a healthy animal in water for 24-48 hours.
2. Add some vinegar to the water before cooking to help draw out the minerals from the bones.
3. After cooking, remove the bones and strain the broth.
4. You can drink the broth as is, or use it to make soups, stews, or other dishes.
Bone broth is an incredibly nutritious food that can be very helpful when your toddler is sick. It’s also easy to make at home, so there’s no need to go out and buy it ready-made. Give it a try next time your little one is under the weather and see for yourself just how much it can help!
When your toddler is sick, one of the best things you can do is give them probiotics. Probiotics are live bacteria that are good for your gut and help to restore balance in the digestive system. They can be found in yogurt, fermented foods, and supplements.
Giving your toddler probiotics will help to boost their immune system and fight off sickness. It is also important to feed them healthy food and make sure they are getting enough rest when they are ill. If your toddler’s symptoms persist, please consult a doctor.
Wrap it up
No one likes to see their toddler sick, but unfortunately it is inevitable. The best thing you can do as a parent is to be prepared with some natural remedies that will help ease your child’s symptoms and make them feel better. We hope that our list of the best natural remedies for when your toddler is sick has given you some ideas on how to help your little one feel better fast. Do you have any favorite natural remedies for when your toddler is sick? Share them with us in the comments below!
Leave A Comment